All content is (C) 2007 AGSI. May not be reproduced or quoted without written permission of AGSI.
Harpoon 3 v3.10 is a major new release that focused on adding features while continuing to flush out remaining defects. Note that this list is provisional upon release of ANW. The H3MilSim product has additional features in v3.10.
The game is no longer available as we are in final builds for release of v3.10. The Demo will be available off our AGSI website.
3.10.0 Gold Release
- F5 Function Key for Logistics does not work
- Alt-F4 does not close Harpoon Media Viewer (HMV)
- MS Excel and H3 ANW may not run together (as of Build 101016)
- Tutorial SNAFU - Fixes for HUD3 ANW:310:TUTORIALS
The following are changes in Harpoon ANW since 3.9.4
- Mantis Documentation . Access is currently suspended due to some bad actors in the Community.
- Boarding (i.e. Coast Guard inspection) & Takeover (i.e. Piracy): Ship vs. Ship, Helo vs. Ship, & Helo vs. Facility (Land)
- Chained missions: Missions that "complete" can now have a secondary mission. The primary mission will assign its units to the secondary mission on completion (failure or success).
- Programmable missions: Hundreds of variables are now exposed to the user to control the behavior of units with a mission. The variables are in a collection called a mission profile. The editor can select a mission profile for each mission.
- Encrypted database: The databases can now (optionally) be encrypted.
- Rules of Engagement: New user controlled ROE settings.
- Scenario Editor - Sonar Conditions: Allows user to map sonar conditions from one part of the world/season to currently edited scenario.
H3RE Database Editor v3.10
- Changed numbering to match Game Engine
- New flags. The "Narrowband Sonar" flag has replaced the "Limited Surface Search" flag. Any radars that had this flag set now also have "Narrowband Sonar" displayed as a capability. Reported on Gold 3.10.0 which was not released.
- Nomenclature note. In the Game based editor: "H3CD" There is a flag called "Aircraft Load Override", in H3RE it is called "Reverse Load Logic".
Tech Detail Updates
- Fuel Consumption Dale Hillier
- HUD3 Base Damage Model Darren Buckley
- HUD3 Group Threat Darren Buckley
- Revised Sonar Model - forthcoming (H3 MilSim customers please contact AGSI for a copy)
FAQ notes have been added to the top of each relevant FAQ section. Harpoon_3_FAQ
V3.10 Manual Errata
Here is the errata for the manual. It includes corrections, some amplifications, and other notes.
V3.10 Tutorial Errata